To see examples of my work, see the Clips section of my website.
SKILLS IN BRIEF
- Web Design: Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, CSS, Wordpress.
- Graphic Design: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, CorelDraw, Premier Pro.
- Editing: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac.
Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Mo.
Web Coordinator, Student Development
Aug 2011 - Present
- Management and supervision of all Student Development web pages on slu.edu and SLUConnection, including design, editorial and multimedia.
- Advisor of The University News student newspaper and the Student Media Production Team.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Mo.
Managing Editor, Marketing/Publications
September 2008 - Aug 2011
- Controlled the production, editorial content, design and publishing of Innovate (community magazine, 400,000 circ.), Innovate Physician (physician relations magazine, 273,000 circ.) and Neighborhood News (neighborhood newsletter, 10,000 circ.).
- Initiated and cultivated the inclusion of web content, social media, multimedia and electronic newsletters into all print productions, raising readership and hospital recognition statistics.
- Led a developmental team to redesign the hospital foundation’s main external publication, BJHF Giving magazine (formerly Cornerstones), which helped increase hospital donations by $92,000/yr.
- Advised on the initial design, creative structure and continuing editorial content of GSN Nursing Excellence, BJWCH Focus, Innovate Otolaryngology, BJHF Giving and multiple marketing campaigns.
- Implemented production schedules, editorial meetings and approval processes utilized by the entire communications department, improving efficiency and administrative satisfaction.
- Awards: 2009 and 2010 MAP Ranly Awards, including best writing entire issue, best design entire issue, best single written article and best cover. 2010 Silver Aster Award for magazine publication single issue. 2010 MHA Silver Show-Me Excellence Award for printed external magazine.
Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games, Beijing, China
Olympic/Paralympic Staff Reporter
July – September 2008
- Interviewed athletes and coaches from various countries to obtain Olympic News Service quotes and information distributed worldwide.
- Produced a blog syndicated through multiple news websites.
VoxMagazine.com, Columbia, Mo.
August 2007 – June 2008
- Worked with 24 editors for weekly editorial content.
- Supervised the uploading and design of weekly production.
- Designed multimedia packages, slideshows, video and flash content.
Arts Online Editor
January – August 2007
- Developed and pitched features, weekly anchors and mixed-media concepts for the Arts department.
- Micro- and macro-edited for publication both online and in print.
- Assisted in weekly design, editorial production and online uploading.
Columbia Business Times Company, Columbia, Mo.
May – September 2007
Columbia Missourian, Columbia, Mo.
January – June 2006
- Wrote a variety of entertainment news and science stories for the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine.
- Tended to community issues while working the City Desk.
Master of Arts in Journalism, magazine editing core
University of Missouri-Columbia
Anticipated completion date: 2011
Additional graduate work in multimedia and online journalism
Bachelor of Journalism, magazine emphasis
University of Missouri-Columbia
Minor in Biological Sciences
Graduation May 2007
Missouri Academy of Science, Mathematics and Computing (MASMC)
Northwest Missouri State University
Dual Associate of Science Degree and High School Diploma program
Graduation May 2004